What are the features of a computerized sewing machine from other machines and how high is the price to justify its purchase? If to answer briefly to the first question, then the computer sewing machine is distinguished not only by the huge number of stacks and operations but also by the operating principle. That, in turn, ensures high quality of tailoring. On the other hand, new modern technologies require large expenditures in the production of a sewing machine, which determines its price, from 400 to 500 dollars.
Nevertheless, for those who are “seriously” addicted to sewing, to whom the quality of the stitch is important and that the machine is “able” to make eyelets or embroider simple patterns, then you need to pay attention to such a modern type of sewing machine with software control.
Best Computerized Sewing Machines
1. Singer Quantum Stylist 9960
The Singer 9960 premium quality computer sewing machine is a reliable and functional model that offers real German quality and high-precision settings, which guarantees an excellent sewing result for all types of fabrics.
Performing more than 700 types of sewing options, you can sew any designer clothes or complex elements of the home interior.
The Singer 9960 sewing machine is equipped with an automatic threading system, intelligent automatic thread tension adjustment, auto thread trimming and many other options that are automated and provide the highest comfort in work
It is worth noting the convenient sewing function without a pedal and the ability to electronically configure all functions, both in auto mode and in manual mode.
This model has a modern horizontal shuttle, this mechanism doesn’t need to be lubricated, which simplifies the care of the sewing machine.
A large LCD display with information about the line and the necessary recommendations will simplify the work.
The sewing machine is equipped with a table for increasing the sewing area and a large set of sewing accessories.
Specifications and description of Singer Quantum Stylist 9960:
- Performs 700 lines.
- 4 kinds of the alphabet.
- 12 kinds of automatic loops.
- Large LCD display.
- Horizontal shuttle.
- Electronic management.
- Digital adjustment of stitch parameters.
- Maximum stitch length – 5 mm.
- The maximum stitch width is 7 mm.
- Automatic adjustment of presser foot pressure.
- Automatic thread tension.
- Automatic trimming and basting stitch.
- Double-needle sewing function.
- Reverse button.
- Needle positioning option.
- Thread trimming option.
- Reinforced multi-segment teeth of the fabric conveyor.
- Metal chassis.
- Removable pencil case with accessories.
- Free sleeve for processing of narrow and circular products.
- Sewing function without pedal Start/Stop.
- Electronic speed controller for sewing.
2. Brother CS6000i
A computerized sewing machine has a wide range of features and functions. It performs 60 sewing functions, including working, overlock, decorative stitches, as well as 7 types of loops.
The main features:
- Brother CS 6000i sewing machine is characterized by convenient operation due to the reverse lever.
- You can change the stitch speed.
- The backlight of the workplace is quite bright.
- Sewing speed can be continuously adjusted.
- The removable free arm helps sew sleeves, pant legs, and other cylindrical items.
- Use decorative stitches for a sleeve, create a neat row of buttonholes on a jacket, sew a zipper on a custom-fitted skirt, and create virtually invisible seams with the included blind stitch foot.
The Brother CS6000i is well suited for sewing appliqués. Many also choose this sewing machine because of the quality needle bar. Due to it, it’s a pleasure to engage in the processing of tissue edges.
The machine “takes” almost all types of fabrics: curtains, denim trousers, leatherette jackets. It is lightweight and compact, mounted on any horizontal surface.
3. Brother HC1850
Brother HC1850 is a versatile computerized sewing and quilting machine. It features 130 stitches (including 14 quilting stitches and 8 buttonhole styles), and 8 kinds of presser feet.
What is more, the machine allows you to write letters on a piece of cloth – for this purpose, there is an in-built alphabet that consists of 55 symbols. This feature is especially cool because, with it, you are able to make really personalized presents or just make your work truly unique.
The machine also includes such details as a wide table, spring action quilting foot, and more. Upon the whole, this device is really worth buying! Check its price right now and see if it suits you.
4. Brother XR9550PRW
Brother XR6800PRW – a computerized sewing machine, which can be very useful in everyday life. If you like multifunctionality, then this machine is for you.
Large and Intuitive LCD Display
The desired stitch is easily selected using the LCD display. For sewing in the machine, there are 110 utility, decorative and heirloom stitches.
8 Sewing Feet Included ( zigzag, buttonhole, zipper, button sewing, overcasting, blind stitch, monogramming, and quilting feet).
What is more, there is an automatic needle threader, which is so important in any sewing machine. These features allow you to easily construct everything from garments to quilting masterpieces. Last, but not least is the wide table to accommodate your larger quilt projects.
5. Singer 7469Q
This sewing machine will greatly facilitate the sewing or repair of clothes and various products. Thanks to this machine, you will discover a new world of creativity, the fruits of which will benefit you and your family. You will immediately see that the use of this machine does not present any difficulties and that the machine has all the typical technical advantages inherent in Singer sewing machines, for example, such as:
- ease of threading;
- сomfortable hose platform;
- zigzag stitch for buttonhole sewing, repair and finishing;
- elastic stitches for sewing of knitted or other elastic materials;
- manufacture of a loop;
- a secret stitch;
- alphabetic marking of accessories for convenience of their location;
- easy to replace the transparent bobbin;
- easy stitch length adjustment and the ability to sew in the reverse direction by simply pressing the button;
- quick release foot;
- one-way needle clamp, ensuring the needle is positioned in the correct position.
Electronic operation control and display, displaying the current status, make it easy to work with the machine and the sewing process itself, which is important for both experienced users and sewing beginners. The buttons for selecting a pattern will help you select the desired stitch with just a few clicks. A map of the drawings attached to the machine will allow you to quickly determine the line number and check its characteristics in the table. In addition to the usual straight stitching and zigzagging, the machine also performs buttonhole sewing, lightning stitching, and various decorative stitches.
6. Janome 4120QDC
For professional tailors and needlewomen, the computer sewing machine Janome 4120 QDC will be an excellent assistant in the implementation of creative ideas. Thanks to the 6-step pressure regulator of the foot on the fabric, it provides high-quality sewing on various types of modern fabrics. Janome 4120 QDC has an excellent set of sewing operations, including a wide selection of decorative stitches and the alphabet, which can be combined with the built-in memory, as well as 7 kinds of automatic loops for different types of fabrics and types of clothing. The standard equipment includes an expansion table, which is indispensable when working with volumetric products.
The model Janome 4120 QDC is characterized by the presence of diode illumination of the working surface, the automatic bobbin mode, the sewing speed controller and the ability to sew without using the pedal. Also, the sewing machine has a convenient knee lever and a liquid crystal display that displays information relevant to the sewing process (the desired type of foot, stitch length, stitch type).
Janome QDC 4120 is designed for sewing products from different thicknesses. Silk, jeans, cotton, leather – choose the material you like and shake it with pleasure. The function of reinforced puncture will help to easily lay the seam in places of thickening.
- Convenient informative display with full information about the parameters of the stitch, sewing advisor.
- Built-in memory of 5 blocks of 40 cells, including for storing the required set of embroidered letters.
- Automatic threading – needle threader.
- Automatic bobbin winder.
- Seven-segment fabric conveyor belt.
- Smooth adjustment of the stitch length up to 5 mm.
- Infinitely adjustable zigzag width up to 7 mm.
- Sewing ability without pedal.
- Possibility to sew with a double needle.
- Special button – double needle sewing program.
- Infinitely adjustable sewing speed.
- Disconnectable fabric conveyor for darning operations and free-stitch technique.
- Needle positioning.
- Buckle button.
- Sewing reverse for bracing.
- Auto thread trimming button after sewing is complete – built-in thread cutter.
- Foot pressure regulator on fabric.
- Stitch balance regulator.
- 7 kinds of loops, including eyelets, automatic buttonholes.
- Removable hose platform.
- The maximum sewing speed with the pedal is 820 st/min.
- The maximum speed with the start/stop button is 700 rpm.
- Bright LED illumination of the working area.
7. Juki HZL-LB5020
The new computerized sewing machine JUKI HZL-LB5020 will appeal to both a beginner tailor and experienced needlewomen.
Original design and optimal set of operations. Bright, easy-to-read LCD display and touch-sensitive stitch selection buttons. The LCD display of the machine displays messages, tips, and hints in the form of icons. It is possible to change the width and density of the loop and much more.
JUKI HZL-LB5020 electronic sewing machine, fast and powerful, quiet and vibration-free.
- 20 different operations;
- fully automatic loop (length is measured by the size of the button);
- a more spacious working height of 120 mm and a width of 170 mm;
- adjustment of stitch length from 0 … 5mm;
- up to 7 mm the width of the stitch, changes directly on the body of the machine and without a submenu;
- changing the position of the center of the needle left or right in 15 positions (for sewing close to the edge, while ensuring full capacity of the conveyor);
- a 2-level rise of the foot up to 14 mm;
- presser foot pressure control for the best sewing result;
- 7 element conveyor made of strong steel;
- sleeve arm for sewing sleeves;
- 2 possibilities of auto-fastening stitch, at the beginning and/or at the end;
- the possibility of cutting off the conveyor (the need for embroidering and creating a quilted cloth);
- the horizontal shuttle system is always quiet, ensures a quick change of bobbins, the amount of thread is always in visual contact (when using transparent bobbins);
- the magnetic base keeps the shuttle in its place and protects from damage;
- powerful sewing power (8 layers of denim material is not a problem);
- the mechanism for rapid change of the foot of metal;
- standard 7mm wide paw mount system;
- fast needle threader;
- the speed limit controller allows you to add or reduce speed when performing work that requires special attention;
- LED backlight;
- START/STOPP button allows you to sew without a pedal, the machine will accelerate smoothly to the set
- the position of the speed controller;
- the maximum sewing speed is 700 stitches per minute,
8. Juki HZL-F600
The Exceed series was developed on the basis of extensive studies of the main sewing functions and is based on market-proven technologies used in industrial JUKI sewing machines, a corporation that is the leader in the world market of industrial sewing machines.
The model Juki HZL-F600 is designed for use at home, especially for performing decorative and quilting works. Professionals and amateurs will appreciate the ease of working on the machines of this series. As a result of studying the technical features of the novelties introduced in the sewing machine market, the Exceed series managed to achieve better material advancement, high stitch quality for both light (silk and etc.) and heavy (denim, etc.) fabrics, which distinguishes the machines of this series from others, presented on the market.
Another feature of these machines is a large working area: 203mm(W)*112mm(H) or 8 “(W)*4.5” (H) from the right side of the body to the center of the needle to facilitate work with the material. The additional desktop, which comes with the HZL-F600, and which can be purchased additionally for the rest of the machines in this series, is indispensable when performing quilting operations.
The model Juki HZL-F600 “Quilt & Pro Special” has several particularly attractive features, including the world’s first pedal with thread trimming function (thread trim can be performed with a light foot pressure on the pedal) and a random stitch function, waited. In traditional sewing machines already on the market, you need to use scissors or a thread trimmer to cut the thread.
The random stitch function offers you a stitch shaping device that will allow the machine to create stitches with automatic stitch width selection according to the pattern. The new series will allow you to fully concentrate on your fantasies.
535 sewing operations:
- automatic loop (16 kinds);
- 23 working lines;
- 67 lines for quilting;
- 7 overcasting stitches;
- 110 decorative stitches;
- 4 types of the alphabet (312 characters).
Ease of use:
- smooth adjustment of sewing speed;
- the possibility of sewing without a pedal;
- free sleeve;
- 7-segment conveyor belt;
- smooth needle positioning;
- needle stop button at the top or bottom;
- the mirror image of the stitch pattern;
- Adjusting the presser foot pressure on the fabric;
- automatic tack;
- automatic thread trimming (button, pedal);
- loop balance;
- double-needle sewing;
- a quick change of foot sole;
- descending rack;
- adjusting the width of the slot when sewing loops;
- function to automatically change the width of the quilting lines – “random stitch”.
9. Singer Curvy 8763
Singer 8763 model is an excellent computerized sewing machine. It has a horizontal shuttle, which has a convenient simplified dressing, and the ability to monitor the number of threads on the spool. This also allows you to forget about the lubrication of the sewing machine. Singer 8763 performs 28 operations necessary for a home.
What is it for?
The Singer 8763 sewing machine is suitable for sewing all materials. This allows the Singer 8763 to work well with such materials as viscose, cotton, linen, chintz, satin, coarse calico, dress and suit fabrics, coats, drapes, upholstery, leather, jeans. With the help of Singer 8763, you can do both home repairs and the manufacture of clothes or other products.
The Singer 8763 sewing machine is computerized. Due to this, it is very easy to operate the sewing machine. The speed of the sewing machine can be adjusted very smoothly with the help of the speed control pedal.
The sewing machine Singer 8763 is able to perform a number of basic operations of workers, overlock, secret, knitted, decorative stitches.
Simulating an overlay stitch allows processing the edge of loose materials. A secret stitch allows you to make a filigree filing of trousers or dresses that would not be a noticeable internal seam on the outside of the product. Knitted stitches allow you to work with knitted string stretch material that protects the yarn from rupture when stretching knitted fabrics. Decorative stitches make it possible to create a unique look of a product or to update the appearance of things that you already had time to get bored with. Create original gifts for loved ones and decorate the interior.
- 30 kinds of lines.
- SwiftSmart Threading system.
- Drop & Sew thread winding system.
- Automatic adjustment of the width and length of the stitch.
10. Singer Futura XL400
Computerized sewing and embroidery machine SINGER XL-400 with a large field of embroidery 260mm x 160mm.
- The maximum embroidery field is 260×160 mm.
- The maximum speed of embroidery is 600 st/min.
- 5 types of embroidery fonts.
- Memory for saving drawings.
- Rotate the picture 90 degrees.
- Scaling of the picture 51-149%.
- Embroidery mode is possible only if you have a computer connected to the machine via a USB cable.
- The ability to create your own drawings using a special program – PE-design.
- Performs 30 sewing operations.
- 2 kinds of automatic loops.
- Horizontal shuttle.
- Automatic needle threading system.
- Automatic thread trimming.
- Automatic adjustment of upper thread tension.
- Thread Trim Button.
- Needle position button (top and bottom position).
- Reverse button (for reinforcement stitching).
- Button raising button.
- Winding the thread on the bobbin without stopping sewing and embroidery.
- Mechanical sewing speed controller.
- Works like a sewing machine with a pedal and without a pedal with a Start/Stop button.
11. Janome Skyline S3
The sewing machine Janome Skyline S3 includes everything to make sewing easier and more interesting. Among its capabilities are 383 sewing operations, of which 120 kinds of lines and 196 alphabet characters. The selected operation and all its parameters are displayed on the backlit LCD screen.
Thanks to the SFS + fabric promotion system, which includes a 7-segment bottom rail, even the thinnest, whimsical and multi-layer materials easily and accurately advance under the needle. With this system, excellent sewing quality occurs at a maximum speed of up to 820 stitches per minute.
The programmable position of the needle on the Skyline S3 machine will allow you to achieve the highest accuracy when working with applications, stitching, and quilting.
Wide possibilities of sewing
The machine has 120 built-in stitches, among which are working, elastic, overcast, secret, elastic and quilting lines. For embroidery of letters and monograms in the machine, there is 1 kind of alphabet of 196 characters.
On the display equipped with a backlight, the stitch options and their parameters are displayed.
The material feed system SFS +
Innovative material feeding system allows simultaneous promotion of materials with triple effort!
Automatic thread tension control
With it, you can fully concentrate on sewing.
Sewing ability without pedal
From one push of a button, you can start the sewing process and stop. The smooth speed regulation is carried out by a special regulator on the machine body.
Features of Janome Skyline S3:
- 383 sewing operations.
- Horizontal shuttle.
- Maximum stitch length 5 mm.
- Maximum zigzag width 7 mm.
- 7 kinds of automatic loops.
- 3 kind of alphabet (263 symbols).
- Maximum sewing speed up to 820 st/min.
- The system of the strengthened submission of material SFS +.
- Backlit LCD display.
- Automatic Needle Threader.
- Automatic thread trimming.
- The automatic winding of the thread on the bobbin.
- Sewing ability without pedal.
- Smooth speed control by the regulator on the body of the machine.
- Programmable needle positioning (71 positions).
- Buckle button.
- Built-in electronic needle puncture stabilizer.
- Automatic thread tension control system.
- Adjusting the presser foot pressure on the fabric.
- Adjusting the balance of the loop.
- Adjusting the tension of the upper thread.
- Powerful 7-segment lower conveyor belt.
- Ability to disable the lower rail.
- Removable hose platform.
- Bright LED (LED) lighting, 4 diodes.
If all these computerized sewing machines are quite difficult and you just started with sewing stuff, maybe you should check the models for beginners: