Currently, the market presents a huge number of different sewing machines from popular brands, many companies are constantly updating the range of available options, and equip machines with modern options. The well-known brand Janome, founded in Japan as far back as 1921, is one of the most popular compared to others and quite deservedly popular with everyone who is engaged in sewing professionally or for themselves. Which sewing machine is worth choosing for yourself? Our review of best Janome sewing machines will help to determine.
Best Janome Sewing Machine Reviews
About the brand and products
The large company Janome consists of several subsidiaries and has representative offices in many countries of the world, as well as its own research and development center. Production of modern devices from Janome has been successfully carried out for many decades. During this time, the company was able to significantly expand its range and replenish it with various types of machines: the total range includes more than 300 available items, these are machines for production and miniature home machines. Each of them was developed taking into account specific actions that can be performed with the help of a machine.
The most inexpensive and popular are electromechanical devices that are reliable enough to cope with any kind of tissue. They have several kinds of stitch, including stitches for decorative works.
Computerized machines that work with standard computer boards containing programs responsible for selecting stitching, material, loops and other nuances during sewing are very much in demand. These devices are equipped with convenient displays, which show all the necessary information, greatly facilitating the work process. As an example of such a machine – Janome DC 3600.
The electronic type, for example, Janome DC 4030, resembles electromechanical machines, but such devices are supplemented by electronic units responsible for adjusting the sewing speed and needle direction.
There are also machines designed specifically for embroidery, equipped with all the necessary details. One of the most popular options is Janome Memory Craft 350E.
The company Janome also produces comfortable overlocks, which you can not do without if you need to carefully process the edges of the fabric. The list of available models includes options for manufacturing enterprises. The rating of sewing machines of this type is headed by a model called Janome Mylock 205d.
Criteria of choice
In order to make the right choice, it is necessary to clearly define which operations will be performed on the sewing machine. Janome offers a large selection of a specific focus, which may not be needed in the work. Many models have a computer program that performs all functions. Such sewing equipment is indispensable in production, in professional workshops, less often it is used as household equipment at home. For amateur use of the machine, most professional operations are not performed. There is no sense in overpaying for something that will not be in demand.
The main rules for choosing a sewing machine should be:
- The relevance of the proposed functions.
- Speed of work.
- Location of the shuttle.
- Engine power consumption.
- Ease of maintenance.
- Dimensions of the machine.
- The quality of the operations performed.
- Easy replacement of defective parts (both technical and the ability to purchase the right thing in the store).
- Presence of lighting of a working surface.
- Price. Not always the most expensive thing turns out to be the best.
The affordable Janome sewing machines are not inferior in quality and reliability to expensive options.
All models of the company are characterized by an automatic winding of the thread on the bobbin, the presence of various feet for performing the corresponding operations, detailed instruction.
Regardless of the model, all machines are equipped with convenient threaders, covers, a set of tools for minor repairs.
Particular attention should be paid to the speed of operation when choosing. The principle – the faster, the better, justifies itself in computer models of sewing machines or by experienced professionals. A novice seamstress may not have enough skill to cope with the high speed of the tissue what leads to spoilage of the product, which can not be corrected.
An important point is the possibility of service and store warranties.
Rating of popular models
It is quite natural that Janome’s newest sewing machines of this year are much better than models of previous years. So we selected only the best Janome sewing machines of 2019 in this post. It includes the most popular brand devices that fully meet the basic requirements and are excellent at coping with their functions.
1. Janome JW8100
This model from Janome is considered one of the best because it is ideal for both beginners and advanced users. It is equipped with a large set of options, works with electronic control, has a convenient display and a full set of all necessary options.
The machine is able to smoothly adjust the sewing speed, has a presser foot pressure regulator, automatically disconnects the feed mechanism of the fabric, switches the position of the needle and independently creates loops of various kinds.
Characteristics and features:
- 100-Stitches: 20 Basic and Fashion, 18 Quilting, 27 Heirloom, 28 Home Décor, 7 Buttonholes;
- Automatic Optimal Stitch settings;
- The backlit LCD display;
- Easy convenience buttons (right by the needle, you’ll find a start/stop button for sewing without the foot control and a reverse button. There is also a locking stitch button and needle up/down button by the LCD display).
- Heavy Duty Interior Metal Frame;
- Removable Free Arm;
- The built-in needle threader;
- The adjustable thread tension dial;
- Six Presser Feet;
- Hard Cover and Extension Table are included.
2. Janome 5812 Sewing Machine
A very good solution for sewing work is the purchase of the sewing machine Janome 5812, the design of which ensures the performance of both professional and amateur use in sewing home textiles or clothes, repairing things.
A laconic functional form of the machine, nice to the touch. It is possible to process elastic fabrics. During operation, the motor of the sewing machine works quietly, just pleasantly buzzes and does not interfere with concentrating on making the seam. The Janome 5812 sewing machine has a backlight to prevent eye strain when doing small work. And of course the price of the machine is very pleasant, you can even buy a sewing machine Janome 5812. It is very easy to master the work on the sewing machine. There are instruction and an understandable panel.
The main features:
- There is a place for storing needles, bobbins, special feet, miniature screwdrivers and various necessary trifles, such as brushes for cleaning.
- The bobbin is taken out with a small push, wound on a special device for winding the thread on a separate lever.
- The letters indicate each type of stitch, the desired sewing size is marked in figures.
- If you are new to sewing – read the instruction, where the number of the needle, the size, the necessary threads for each type of fabric is described in an accessible form.
- The machine is electric.
- The backlight is very handy.
- If you do not finish the job, you can put the machine in safe mode without disconnecting the side switch.
- There is detailed instruction on sewing and care of the sewing machine.
The sewing machine Janome 5812 is able to solve both serious tasks and cope with simple routine homework on repairing clothes. It can perform 12 sewing operations.
3. Janome DC3050
This is a model for creative people! The sewing machine Janome Decor Computer 3050 (DC 3050) / DC50 contains all the features inherent in the sewing machines of computerized type.
With this device, you can sew not only all kinds of fabrics, but also perform patchwork (quilting), make quilting, and the function “maxi-patterns” allows you to decorate blankets, clothes, tablecloths beautifully. The zigzag width is maximum 7 mm, the stitch length is 5 mm, the motor power is 50 W.
- 50 types of operations, 23 types of decorative stitches.
- 3 kinds of loops
- Quiet work.
- Fully automatic sensor loop.
- Easy control by means of buttons: start, stop, reverse for bracing.
- On the body, there is a regulator, smoothly switching speed and stitch parameters.
- Automatic threading.
- Removable free arm so you can sew pant cuffs and collars easily
- The height of the foot is fixed – 6 mm, the maximum – 12 mm.
- The stitch information is displayed on the display.
- LED lights.
- Short cord.
- The light turns off when you stop sewing.
- Most Janome sewing machines have lots of feet included with the machine. Not so with the DC3050 – there are only four feet included.
4. Janome 2212
The beautiful design of the sewing machine Janome 2212 attracts with its charm. Buying a sewing machine Janome 2212, you get a lot of interesting and fascinating stitches for creativity.
It is perfect for both beginners and sewing professionals. This model has an optimal set of sewing programs and options that will cope with all types of fabrics with excellent quality.
The sewing machine Janome 2212 sews quietly and softly, even at the highest speeds.
Characteristics and features:
- 12 built-in stitches,
- an easy to use four-step buttonhole,
- dial pattern selection,
- zig-zag stitch width adjustment and stitch length adjustment that ensures ease of use.
The Janome 2212 also has great features like a free arm and drop feed that makes the machine versatile for all types of sewing.
If you need a small and functional workhorse, then this miracle of technology will cope with any fabric and give great stitches.
5. Janome 4120QDC
Professional sewing machine Janome 4120 QDC will be an excellent assistant in the implementation of creative ideas. Thanks to the 6-step pressure regulator of the foot on the fabric, it provides high-quality sewing on various types of modern fabrics.
Janome 4120 QDC has an excellent set of sewing operations, including a wide selection of decorative stitches and the alphabet, which can be combined with the built-in memory, as well as 7 kinds of automatic buttonholes for different types of fabrics and types of clothing.
The standard set includes a table, which is indispensable when working with volumetric products.
Characteristics and features:
- 402 sewing operations
- automatic loops – 7 types
- Alphabet – 4 kinds
- Adjusting the stitch length from 0 to 5 mm
- Adjusting the zigzag width from 0 to 7 mm
- Horizontal shuttle
- Backlight LCD display
- Touchpad for selecting operations and functions
- Needle position button
- Start / stop button
- Sewing speed controller
- Foot pressure regulator on fabric
- Stitch balance regulator
- Built-in Memory
- Mirroring stitches
- Additional foot lift
- Built-in thread cutter
- Built-in needle threader
- Free Arm
- Storage compartment for accessories
To sum up, we can say this is an easy compact machine that has a very large functionality. It has a firm case, it is convenient to carry the machine from place to place.
6. Janome Jem Gold 660
The sewing machine Janome Jem Gold is the most affordable sewing machine, not inferior in reliability and functionality to expensive mechanical models. The JANOME JEM Gold sewing machine is compact, extremely easy to use, works well with various types of fabrics. In turn, the machine is slightly larger in size than the compact JANOME JEM sewing machine but smaller than the usual standard size.
JANOME JEM GOLG is the single most compact and inexpensive of the entire line of JANOME sewing machines with a horizontal shuttle. As a part of the machine’s capabilities, there is an overlock seam, a zigzag with a width of up to 7 mm and an automatic thread-weaving machine. The presser foot of the machine has two levels of lifting. We want to add a secret: the sewing machine JANOME GOLD 660 sews exactly the same quality as its more expensive colleagues in the JANOME model line.
The main features and characteristics:
- Machine type – electromechanical
- Material – plastic
- Number of operations performed – 13
- Types of stitches – straight, elastic (knitted), overlock, darning and more
- Number of performed loops – 1
- The maximum stitch length is 4 mm
- The maximum stitch width is 5 mm
- Shuttle type – horizontal
Pros of this model:
- Relatively quietly works. This is due to the fact that the machine has a horizontal shuttle.
- Easy to operate.The minimum of operations. The fewer operations a machine makes, the less it breaks. It is a fact.
- Low sewing speed. For beginners just right.
If you are a beginner and want to buy a sewing machine for the family or for yourself, take a closer look at this model. Despite the compact size, the Janome Jem Gold 660 sewing machine has all the necessary functions.
7. Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8900QCP
Multifunctional sewing machine Janome Memory Craft 8900 QCP (MC 8900) will present the joy of creativity to both amateurs and professionals. This machine – with the highest speed of all computer household sewing machines and with the highest working surface: length – 225 mm, height – 120 mm.
Characteristics and features:
- 270 built-in stitches
- 3 alphabets and 11 one-step buttonholes.
- Automatic trimming after sewing
- Automatic threading as for professional machines the possibility of winding the bobbin while sewing
- Built-in memory
- Individual stitch change
- Automatic switching of the needle plate straight stitch/zigzag
- Professional foot controller on the front panel of the machine
- Adjustable sewing speed
- Editing, combining, mirroring stitches
- LCD with backlight (5 LED lamps)
- Sewing Advisor
- Horizontal shuttle
- The possibility of working without a pedal
- A large table that increases the working surface
The desire to buy a sewing machine Janome Memory Craft Horizon MC8900 is invariably associated with the desire to understand as much as possible its technical characteristics, the essence of the functional, the quality of production. Universal sewing machine Janome Memory Craft Horizon MC8900 refers to the computer kind of home appliances. The model differs with confident and absolutely problem-free sewing all kinds of materials, including large-mesh and fine-mesh jersey, work with which, as a rule, requires preliminary preparation.
Sewing machine – a necessary thing not only for needlewomen, it can be useful for any woman at home. Sewing machines Janome are presented in the market with a wide assortment. In order to choose the right model, you need to decide for which purposes the machine is needed, what and how often you are going to sew on it.
Proceeding from this, it will be easier to choose the right model, taking into account the main parameters – power, number of lines, sewing speed, etc. Alos. an important criterion is a budget. However, the most important thing is to choose a reliable manufacturer who makes quality sewing machines and has already established itself in the market. Janome is one of such brands!